Veneers can improve the shape, color, spacing of your teeth. Get a gorgeous smile makeover with porcelain veneers.
What Is a Veneer?
A dental veneer is a thin layer of tooth-colored material (usually porcelain or resin) that bonds to and covers the front of a tooth to improve its appearance. They look like natural teeth, but are more resistant to stains and require removal of less tooth than other options like crowns. They are also customized to have the proper color, shape and size.
Why Choose Veneers?
Veneers fix teeth abnormalities. Whether it’s from natural development or an accident, veneers can correct imperfections by simply covering them. Here are some examples of situations where a veneer would be ideal:
• To fix teeth chipped or broken in an accident, such as a fall, sports injury or car crash.
• To close any natural gaps on one or both sides of a tooth.
• To fix teeth that are irregularly shaped, uneven, misaligned or have bumps or other abnormalities on them.
• To address teeth that have naturally worn down over time.
• To cover teeth that have become discolored due to food or drink stains or chemical reactions from other procedures.
The reason for choosing a veneer could be functional (helps you eat or speak better) or cosmetic (you don’t like the look or feel of a tooth), but a consultation is recommended before you decide.
If you have any tooth problems like the ones listed above and are considering veneers, schedule a consultation with us today!